Monday 25 August 2014

Helo rainy Monday and lovely people out there, nice weekend? mine was good and busy indeed. Last week I went to visit and buy a few things from the pop-up shop that artist Rosaline Schweiker and designer Jo Waterhouse set up in my local area, Nunhead.
I have a lot of respect and admiration for people that follow their dreams and take risks in life, specially when it comes to being an entrepreneur and try to make your own business happen. Not every creative person/designer/artist have the desire to open an space/shop, specially since owning a shop would see you at times becoming more of a shop keeper than the creative person you are. There are a lot of amazing independent shops happening in London, I wonder if there is a going back to brick and mortar? What do you think? Opening these spaces represent quite a risk, as the set-up cost and running of the business are much higher that running your shop online, but for me, having a physical space has always being a DREAM and something I am hoping to achieve in the future, hopefully sooner than later...
I absolutely loved the space that Jo and Rosaline put together for the pop-up shop, which is now closed as it was a temporary space only. They have created such a beautiful and cosy place where to shop for Jo's designs and vintage finds to other artists work. Every time I stepped in, I felt welcomed and inspired, so well done girls!!
I leave you with some snaps of their space and work, off to carry on working and wishing for the rain to stop and the sun to shine…too soon to be in Winter mood yet!.
Photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment