HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I am back from the paradise....

Monday 4 January 2010

Well, I am back after spending a few weeks back home, Gran canaria. I have to admit that is taking me a while to settle into my life in London. Mainly because of the difference in weather, you see, I was in a T-shirt and having my morning walks on the beach, so my body hasn't adjusted just yet to this cold, snow and luck of SUN!! But here I am, ready for 2010 and all the challenges good and bad that this year may bring my way.

One of my New year's resolution is to spend more time back in Spain, my dream life would be the one where I get to live between the 2 countries, UK and Spain!! So I have already started to make changes in my life to be able to achieve this dream life. 2010 is going to be a big year for me and Chocolate Creative!!

Here are some photos of Gran Canaria, below the fishing village of Agaete in the North of the island, and some beautiful colonial architecture in the old part of the city, Las Palmas.


There are some Art Deco features in some of the buildings around the plaza 'Santa Ana'

Colorful houses at the entrance of the capital,
and of course one of our symbols the palm tree!!


Beautiful colonial houses, builded by the Castilians after the island's colonization...

4 comments:

  1. wow, it looks so lovely there. Thanks for stopping by Apt#34. I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful, no wonder it is taking time to adjust to London again. We went to Gran Canaria when I was 7 that was in about 1969. I remember Las Palmas, the mountains beautiful costumes and gold churches, I also remember standing on the top of a Volcano. That holiday had quite an impact.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Adele,
    I am glad u enjoyed the island!! it has changed a lot since them...I wasn't even born just yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny to find this. I just returned from Lanzarote, in the Canary Islands, and it was just delightful! You catch me going through all my photographs from the holidays to try prepare a post for my blog.

    ReplyDelete