Christmas at home

Saturday 12 December 2015

I am leaving for Spain tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family, this year I am flying very early, which is a shame because I have not being able to enjoy London, gather with friends, visit Christmas markets, fairs etc…the city is looking its best at this time of the year, as there are so many things to do and see!

I didn't want to leave without doing some decoration at home, I always do, and then continue at my mother's house back in Gran Canaria. I was very pleased to receive this very nice wreath from Balsam Hill, as it served as a starting point. I like to keep things simple and I never follow a theme or trend, I just put all the decorations I have gathered over the years on the table and start grouping them together.
I added the Russian doll to the wreath, which comes with the lights already, and nothing else, as it only needed a detail. If I had time I would have come up with a different idea…The ideal scenario would have been to have time to really enjoy the process of decorating the house for Christmas and share it with family and friends over plenty of food and laughs, (which I managed to do somehow), but not as much as I would have wanted, maybe next year...
 
Paper decorations from Papermash | Wreath from Balsam Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment