POUR PORTER

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Wife and husband team are behind Pour Porter, and online boutique that stocks independent and innovative designer's creations. I have already selected my favourites pieces. I am so grateful to keep finding so many talented and creative people out there. The cruel reality is that we, independent designers, work super hard at creating new products and coming up with fresh ideas, to later on have the big brands copying our designs, or paying a good salary to their designer's team to based their collections on what is already out there rather than thinking and coming up with their own concepts. 

I can only work at a certain peace, and launch new products and designs, when money and time allow for taking them into production. I know it is impossible to compete with the big guys, and that our prices are much more higher than the high street ones. From here, I would like to encourage, when possible, a more responsible and conscious buying.

Check Pour Porter to at least dream with one of their pieces, or start saving or if budget allows get them...I have started saving to get the sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment