A rural retreat

Friday 11 June 2010

Last week, I was excited to have a few days break from the city and escape to the country. There's nothing quite like the countryside in summertime. Complete with flowers in full bloom, my mum's fresh baking and the arrival of my beautiful nephew, it was nothing short of perfection. 

First I attended my cousin's wedding in Henley. A beautiful rural, country affair, complete with an Alice in wonderland themed croquet lawn, vintage tea cups and giant playing cards....
I'm sure there's something about living away from home that makes you appreciate it more. The view from my parent's house in the Cotswold's is gorgeous, and I loved finding the array of little treasures creeping out of the woodwork. 
Photographs by Lizzie Pyzer

No comments:

Post a Comment