Miniature vintage silhouette – my new treat

Thursday 3 June 2010

In one of my so many visit to the V&A museum I found a collection of Victorian silhouettes that I totally fall in love with. That trip gave me the inspiration to develop the Chocolate Creative's cameos collection. and to start appreciating this form of art. Since them I have seen the cameos/silhouettes graphics being applied to almost everything, specially interiors products. So when browsing etsy the other day I was very pleased to see this miniature silhouettes for sale, and rush to get them on the spot, so lucky I was they were based in the UK. I got them from The English Preserves shop. They are a vintage reproduction of artist Marcelle D. Shears. Thanks Maggie for sending them so soon and so well wrapped I LOVE them!!

Photos by Chocolate Creative

1 comment:

  1. You are very much welcome, Marga!
    How nice of you to write about these and include mention of my little etsy shop! Thank you!
    The silhouettes look so lovely on your gorgeous blue and white platter!
    Your eye for design shows even in the way you photograph your items. Just beautiful!
    I can't wait to see what you do next!!
    xxx
    Maggie
    EnglishPreserves

    ReplyDelete