Shino Suzuki embroidery dolls

Sunday 19 July 2009

Not very often I come across such a unique body of work. I find Shino’s dolls fascinating, I want to know more about this creatures and where they come from.

In her words…The concept behind this project was to mix and cross the characteristic detail of various cultures in order to create a new style. I was inspired by traditional customs and costumes from all over the world, especially South America and India and my attention was focused mainly on the vibrant colours and different types of embroidery. Mixing different styles has allowed me to put certain degree of quirkyness into my work.



1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful - I've been trying to find out more ever since I saw them on Selvedge's blog but not a lot of info available.

    ReplyDelete