Experimenting and enjoying the creative process...

Wednesday 4 August 2010

I am taking August and September to develop new collections and products, a lot of planning and thinking, there is so much I want to do, but have to decide on only a few designs, as the cost to produce each collection is quite high, new screens, more fabrics, inks etc...Since I came back from Prague I can't stop thinking of Cubism, the bauhaus era, black and white, mid century posters, etc...I have been for quite sometime wanted to do something a bit more modern and this is the right time. I have started  working on my sketchbook, I love drawing with black pencil and making marks and textures, I don't know what I am doing at the moment I am just experimenting and enjoying the creative process. I HATE putting pressure at this stage, but I know I have a limited time to produce a new design before September, I will be showing more as I go.
Estoy trabajando en nuevas colleciones, hay mucho que planear, y decidir, que nuevos productos puedo sacar al mercado? cuantos diseños puedo costear? etc...Por ahora estoy disfrutando del proceso creativo, que es una de las partes que más me gusta de mi trabajo como diseñadora, les muestro algunas páginas de mi libro de bocetos, son solo ideas, no se como van a evolucionar, ya veré según voy trabajando lo que ira saliendo...

5 comments:

  1. Nice, new project? Suerte, Im sure they will be amazing, cant wait to see it.....

    tu hermano ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me alegro que tu estancia en Praga te haya ayudado a desarrollar nuevas ideas. Suerte, tu puedes, a por ellos!!! :)

    Tu hermano again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's going to be incredible! love the process and I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmm, qué buenísima pinta!!!! Ayer me acorde mucho de ti!!!! encontré un album de cromos de cuando era pequeña, y eran tán bonitos!!!!! :) creo que te hubieran gustado...

    la cocina no es mia, jajaja, vivo en 20 metros, así que es imposible, mi casa es esa habitación :)

    y de vacas me voy mañanaaaaa :) por fin!!!! lo necesito :)

    miles de besitos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margarita!
    I hope you're well. I Love this post, I get so excited seeing other peoples sketchbooks - very inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete