New talented textiles graduates...

Tuesday 16 June 2009





Tamara just graduated from The design surface BA at The London Communication College. She is one of the many talented students I saw at the final year show. She is being very kind to send some images of her ceramic work, and I am delighted to share it with you. I like the humor in her pieces and the small detailed plates, each of them telling a different story...
 
Her favorite topics are...
I always talk about love in the most romantic and dramatic way, always touch with a nostalgic memory for old times. I allow myself to be carried away by my emotions, in the irrational world where I live. My designs are dedicated to friends, family, or someone important to me for a good or for a bad reason. Everything with a touch of rionic sense of humor, like for example, with the use of some phrases from love songs.  
The result is a surrealist world where unrelated elements fuse themselves to create a sentimental atmosphere that lets the spectator smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment