THE NEW CRAFTSMEN SHOP IN MAYFAIR, LONDON

Monday 27 July 2015

A few weeks ago I finally made to The New Craftsmen shop, a place I have been meaning to visit for a long time. What a beautiful and well curated space this is, dedicated to showcase high quality craft from British makers. They represent a network of makers, showing their work, skills and processes. I think it is very refreshing to see a place/gallery such as this, where people can appreciate and buy handmade sustainable products.

As a designer/maker myself I am tired of constantly being presented by high street brands with version/copies of our products being mass produced to target a much wider audience. I am not naive to think that everybody, (including myself) have the spare budget to purchase these gorgeous but rather expensive products; but I wish we all made a more conscious decision when purchasing things. The realisation that less is better, and that buying handmade products by independent designer/makers is more sustainable in a long term. I rather save and save to get a piece that I really love, and I know I will treasure for ever, than buying cheaper similar options.


The New Craftsmen shop is a gorgeous shop, well worth a visit. A very inspiring space, surely you will fall in love with many of the things on display. Here are some of my favorites pieces.
(Photos by thenewcraftsmen)

No comments:

Post a Comment