BACK TO BASICS – LA CASA EN RUINAS

Monday 20 April 2015

Lanzarote is the land of wind, sun and volcanos, rough, simple, peaceful and incredibly beautiful. Yesterday I was browsing AD online, and I came across this house "Esta casa es una ruina" (this is house is in ruins), and I immediately thought it was in Lanzarote, but no, its in the Azores islands, not far from us (Canary islands) though. I was so taken by its simplicity and beauty, what an amazing restoration job the architects and owners have done to this ruined forgotten house. It has always been a dream of mine to retire to my islands and get involved in a similar project. New buildings do not interest me as much as these old houses build to last and using local materials, still standing proudly after so many years…
Images above from Revista AD online, project renovations by SAMI Arquitectos



Terrarium by London Terrariums
Photos of Cesar Manrique House and Foundation in Lanzarote

1 comment: