EAST DULWICH FESTIVAL – CHARLENE MULLEN HOUSE AND WORK

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Continuing with my exploring of the open houses/studios as part of the festival, my next stop was at Charlene Mullen's gorgeous house. I met Charlene Mullen back in 2008 when she first exhibited at 100% Design in London. I thought her work was super stunning and I really liked her, she is very friendly,  approachable and down to earth person. 
We live quite close to each other - for London standards - and we always said lets meet for coffee, etc...but we never seem to have the spare time to do it, so I was super pleased to finally come over to her house/studio and have a chat with her, I even got to hold her gorgeous cat, Ralph, (pictured below).  
Above, a view of her studio and selection of her cushions, that you can see spread out in her house. I am sure you recognise her work and have seen it all over the press. She is one of my favourite English designers. You can visit her house/studio next weekend too, as the Festival will be still on, more info at its website. As well as her work you can see and buy the gorgeous extra large ceramics from Daniel Reynolds and the amazing blankets from Eleanor Pritchard.  
OMG, her house is to die for, and the bespoke kitchen, hello give it to me, love the colours, 
cement and wooden floors, the 60's style house and the big windows. 
Photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment