BLOGGER'S WORKSHOP AT MADE.COM

Friday 19 April 2013

Do you know about made.com? A hub for well made designed products at a very competitive price due to their clever way of manufacturing. I am sure you have seen their advertising banners in the tube, magazines, the internet, etc...I knew about it but has never been at their showroom in Notting Hill, up until this Monday, when I was invited to come along to a blogger's workshop organised by made.com. 

It was a very interesting talk about affiliate marketing, and how to monetise your blog, given by Daniel Nelson from Heart Home Magazine, and Vivien Man from Affiliate Window. Me personally I am not sure this is a path I would like to take on right now, as this blog is very much about my work and things I really love or inspire me. I don't make money out of it, spend hours working on its content but I do it purely out of passion and of course as a marketing tool for my own brand. Nevertheless, I will consider some form of affiliate marketing in the future. I get approach by quite a few companies about having guess posts or sponsors, but I have never been interested, as this blog is a personal space, edit by me, and only for the things I LOVE. 

I left made.com impressive showroom feeling inspired and very jealous of their huge space, views, and pieces on displayed. I could have easily taken with me, a couple of sofas, armchairs, lamps and tables. Their prices are very reasonable for well made designed pieces and they have some gorgeous pieces on my favourite colours, yellow, grey, blue and black. These are some example of their latest collections. If I had room in my current crowded house, I will get the yellow armchair, together with all the pieces above, they match my cushions and colour wooden knobs and hooks, please I need a bigger house...
Daniel, Vivien, James and a few of us, listening to the talk, I found it very interesting, as I don't have much knowledge on the subject. It was great as usual to meet and see familiar UK based bloggers faces and meet new ones, chat about design, blogging, life, etc...
Thanks made.com for having me, and given me the opportunity of visiting the showroom together with enjoying such a nice evening. Went home feeling full (I ate far too much as I was super hungry), happy and inspired. 

photos made.com

1 comment:

  1. Suena genial. Me hubiera encantado estar ahí. Los muebles una maravilla y seguro que la charla también. Besos bella y apúntalo todo para que me cuentes cuando nos veamos.

    ReplyDelete