Cactus paradise

Tuesday 3 January 2012

I have always been fascinated by cactus, and I dream with a garden full of them, don't get me wrong, I love roses, lavenders, and flowers in general, but find cactus' shapes, and different species very interesting. These photos are from Cactualdea, in la Aldea de San Nicolas, (the biggest park of its kind in Europe, I have been told), with more than 1,200 of different species can be seen in the park. Together with the species that can be found in the islands there are some that have been imported from as far as Mexico, Madagascar, Bolivia, etc...I could not believe that I forgot to bring my camera with me, and could only take a few photos with a borrowed one. I am thinking of using cactus in one of my new designs, still don't know, how or when, but have started some drawings, all I need now is time to be creative...

1 comment:

  1. Hola Marga! Me ha encantado recibir tu correo. Yo estoy en Tenerife y sí que conozco a por lo menos tres o cuatro blogeras de aquí con blogs muy interesantes. Yo estaré encantada de participar en cualquier encuentro que organices y seguro que ellas también.
    Mi correo tacta@tacta.e.telefonica.net por si quieres concretar y que hablemos.
    Espero que estés disfrutando de tus vacaciones en tu tierra.
    Saludos,
    Tatiana
    www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete