Crafting away at Etsy event in London

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Last week, Kate and I went along to an Etsy event in London, (my 3rd one) and hope many more to come. We were invited to a craft party involving some good fun. I was so unprepared, I forgot to bring any crockery with me, and left with a bag full of goodies. The UK Etsy team did a great job, they put together a fun evening, it was cold and dark outside, but I was instantly transported into this cosy and friendly space, full of creative people. I like their idea of bringing together the community and just do something different. We ate, drunk, painted some nice vintage pieces and above all met interesting people and got to spend a special evening together. From here I thanks Etsy for having us around and making me feel very good in a freezing evening in London.

 Above, me, Kate and Gillian showing our expensive pieces of art, funny how different we are, Gillian and I chose vintage plates, where Kate went for a cleaner and more modern look, she painted lot of lines on plain white porcelain. Love the end result, below one of the most elaborate designs. 
 (Photos via Etsy UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment