Favorite cafe and shops in Old Spitalfields market

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Spitalfields market in London, has changed considerably over the years, not in a good way if you ask me. It used to be more authentic, and unique, but since they revamped the market it has lost quite a lot of the old feel to it, and many gorgeous independent shops have moved away to cheaper areas. Nevertheless some shops still remind the same and are the real treat of the area, together with the many stalls selling handmade, vintage, yummy food, etc...when visiting the area, I really recommend getting lost in the narrow streets surrounding the main market and Brick Lane, to really see and feel some of the real old market and houses. Did I say I love old England?

My favorite cafe opposite the market, always very busy on a Sunday, they do a yummy tea time selection and great coffee. I love resting there when visiting the market, it feels like being in old England.

1 comment:

  1. i am a huge fan of Spitafields market...thanks for those beautiful pictures!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete