Part 1– Highlights of the London Design Festival

Friday 1 October 2010

This year's London Design Festival was big, massive, spread all over London and with lot of new pop up shops and events, (a concept that is becoming very popular in the city), and exhibitions all over, making impossible to visit them all, so I made my list of 'must visit' places, wore comfortable shoes, drunk plenty of water and tea and made my way to the various events.

Here are my picks of the Festival...This year I was particularly impressed by Studio Toogood's project called 'SUPER NATURAL', they created this amazing space, where they displayed a collection of furniture, lighting and textiles focusing on English-sourced materials and English craftsmanship, they converted a simple back yard in a fantasy world, with a delicious cafe, inspired by the wild and natural life of the English countryside, and a magic displayed of wild mushroom by New Forest forager Mrs Tee, I felt like I was in a dream, I was totally taken by the space, it is difficul to tell the story through my photos, I strongly recomend a visit to their website for more information and photos about the project.

STUDIO TOOGOOD
You were welcome by this amazing display of wild mushrooms and cafe.



MINT SHOP
Mint never never stop surprising me, they had the most clever and eclectic selection of new products and designers of the whole festival, always worth a visit...


100% DESIGN
This year's 100% Design edition was a great improvement from previous years, the show had the right mix of well established companies such as Anglepoise, which I totally love, representations from foreign countries such as Czech Republic, Spain and Nordic countries, and most important and relevant to me a good selection of designers/makers based in the UK doing fantastic work, a good example was the stand of Hidden Art, (where you could buy the products on displayed).


One of my favorites were this ceramics from SCUSI and the dailylife clock.



part 2 coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment