Mique Moriuchi

Monday 14 September 2009

Let me introduce you to the super talented illustrator Mique Moriuchi! We met when I was working at the Ritzy Cinema in Brixton and is still there when she's not working away in her studio. I've just been looking at her blog and feel inspired to get making.

In her own words..."I make pictures with paint, scissors, paper and glue. I love colour. My studio is messy, with paper trails often leading to the kitchen. I am a night owl."

She's been working on this interesting looking project in East London where a group of artists have taken over a squat and created work in response to the space, Mique's is a typically creative and colourful reaction to what was a bit of a dismal space, with owls, elephants and trees she brings it back to life with personality and character.




You can buy her collaborative illustrated books from Amazon and look out for the new one coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great find, and I love this space, I would not mind to live there surrounding by this owls, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete