More talent {LILLI COWLEY-WOOD}

Sunday 28 June 2009

Lilli’s work strike me for the surrealism of the images. Birds, parrots, dogs, plants, etc…they all seems to live in this beautiful an imaginary world…I LOVE her drawings!!

In her words…I would describe my prints as 'poetic' 'narrative based' and 'dream-like'. I tend to study surreal and sometimes un-appealing objects and imagery, and adapt them into something beautiful and decorative. I have a fascination with animals and often use them in my projects. I like to create a mood and energy within my work. I use photography often as a starting point, and a way to explore new ideas and compositions. This involves capturing people, animals and scenery around me, of which I often draw from and use in screen printing. I enjoy sketching in live situations to capture movement and one-off moments.

…Print is an area in which I can really express my passion for textiles as well as photography and illustration.






3 comments:

  1. Very rarely do you come across an artist who can combine so many varied styles with such diverse content. This work evokes beautiful emotions, even personal memories, as well as being engaging and wonderfully esthetic.Lilli has pulled off a very unique approach with obvious passion.Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that only once in while you come across a body of work which so deeply reflects the thoughts and inspirations of it's author. Lili is clearly a passionate and talented creatrice. 'Watch this space' when it comes to the rich variety of ideas that she is likely to concetise in the coming months and years. A woman to watch, and watch out for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that only once in while you come across a body of work which so deeply reflects the thoughts and inspirations of it's author. Lili is clearly a passionate and talented creatrice. 'Watch this space' when it comes to the rich variety of ideas that she is likely to concretise in the coming months and years. A woman to watch, and watch out for.

    ReplyDelete