Butterflies, insects, beetles...

Wednesday 1 April 2009

This gorgeous images are from kate's work at our college final year show. We met at our textile course at Morley quite a few years ago. When I decided to enroll in this course I didn't have great expectation about it, but I have to say that it is being one of the best things I have done in my life.  Not only got a good training in textiles but made very good friends that last till today. The tutors are very supportive, always willing to help and challenge your views. I am very proud of our final year's exhibition, the standard of the work was very high. 
I would recommend the courses to anyone who is thinking of going into textiles!!

Kate worked so hard on this pieces, and you can see why!!! how many insect did she cut out!!! She first dyed the papers, draw the insects, cut the shapes and place them everywhere... She is so talented!!! I admire her a lot!!! 






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!
    WOW!
    So much labor and care put into a 'product'.

    Great work! Thanks for sharing :))

    /Anna Caroline
    Design Studio 210

    ReplyDelete